Enter your zip code below to find families today:
Babysitting Job Articles
- How to Help Your Child Adjust to a New Babysitter
- 100 Ways to Help Your Child Choose a Career Path
- Building Your Babysitting Reputation
- Fun Things to Pack in Your Babysitting Bag
- What to Put in Your Babysitting Bag of Tricks
- Coping With Your Child’s Separation Anxiety
- How to Make a Good First Impression on a New Babysitting Job
- Five Things the Mom You Are Babysitting for May Not Tell You
- 100 Things All Babysitters Should Know
- 100 Ways to Show Your Daughter She’s Loved
Babysitting Job Archives
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
Babysitting Job Application
10 Keys for Filling Out a Babysitting Job Application
A babysitting job application is going to be the first impression for an employer to consider a potential employee for a job. It is essential to have an outstanding application to rise above the rest. Submitting an application that will catch an employer’s attention is easy when following these ten key pieces of advice.
- Look on the internet at examples of babysitting job applications. This research will prepare for what information may need to be provided.
- Be prepared by collecting all essential information in case because employers sometimes expect the application immediately. Gather all contact information, dates, and any other information that may be needed in the application.
- Take the time to create a resume to attach to the application. The resume will be an advantage when filling out the application because it contains a lot of information usually requested in an application.
- Be ready to include at least two references that can vouch for what a marvelous employee they could be hiring. Make sure all references know they may be contacted.
- Read the entire application before beginning to fill it out. Make sure to follow the instructions and take time answering each question in a thoughtful manner.
- Make sure all writing is as neat as possible and in black or blue ink. Spelling and grammar is extremely valuable to potential employers.
- Sometimes a question on the application will not apply or be unnecessary. If this is the case write, “N/A” (not applicable). This lets the employer know a question has not been skipped over or forgotten.
- Include extracurricular activities to show off any interests. A job application is pretty straightforward, and this information is going to let the employer gain insight into personality and experience.
- Be honest and do not stretch the truth. Most employers will verify information given on an application.
- Have someone proofread the application because two heads are better than one. Double check all spelling and grammar.
Organization is the key to confidently filling out a babysitting job application that will stand out from any competitors. Being prepared by following these tips will ensure submission of a top-notch application. Completing an orderly and thoughtful application will also show employers who would be the perfect choice as their babysitter.
Don’t forget to check out more information in our Babysitting Job Glossary!