Enter your zip code below to find families today:
Babysitting Job Articles
- How to Help Your Child Adjust to a New Babysitter
- 100 Ways to Help Your Child Choose a Career Path
- Building Your Babysitting Reputation
- Fun Things to Pack in Your Babysitting Bag
- What to Put in Your Babysitting Bag of Tricks
- Coping With Your Child’s Separation Anxiety
- How to Make a Good First Impression on a New Babysitting Job
- Five Things the Mom You Are Babysitting for May Not Tell You
- 100 Things All Babysitters Should Know
- 100 Ways to Show Your Daughter She’s Loved
Babysitting Job Archives
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
Babysitting Jobs College Students
10 Reasons College Students Make Great Sitters
College students make tremendous babysitters. If you need someone for babysitting jobs college students are often a perfect fit. There are many great reasons to utilize a college student for your babysitting needs.
- Flexibility – College students have very flexible schedules. Their flexibility allows for availability at odd hours which can help a parent out enormously.
- Need Cash – College students are usually broke. Babysitting offers them a means of making cash without needing to find a job.
- Experienced - College students usually have experience at babysitting. Experience helps them deal with any situation that may occur while watching your children.
- Transportation – Most college students have their own vehicle. Hiring a babysitter with transportation saves you time. Babysitters with a car will be able to drive themselves to and from your home.
- Responsible - College students are more reliable than teenagers. Maturity comes with age. College student will work hard to prove their worth and reliability.
- More Creative – College students are more creative than teen babysitters. They are more willing to engage your child in creative play and activities than a younger babysitter. Creative babysitters allow your child to have more fun.
- Curfew – College student babysitters do not have a curfew. Lack of curfew means they are able to stay out later, giving you the ability to enjoy your evening longer. Younger babysitters need to be home sooner, which ends your night out earlier.
- Cheaper Than Daycare – College students are willing to accept less pay than a day care center. If your budget is tight, a college student is a fabulous option. Paying less for child care will benefit you, while allowing the student to earn some much needed cash.
- Last Minute Availability – College students are often available at the last minute. A students class schedule allows for extreme availability which makes your life easier.
- Work For You All Summer - Most college students do not take summer classes. Parents often need a babysitter through the summer months while they work. Hiring a college student with a car will benefit a parent greatly. The sitter will be able to transport children to and from summer lessons and activities. Fall classes, typically start after elementary school begins, so you will have your sitter all summer long.
Don’t forget to check out more information in our Babysitting Job Glossary!