Enter your zip code below to find families today:
Babysitting Job Articles
- How to Help Your Child Adjust to a New Babysitter
- 100 Ways to Help Your Child Choose a Career Path
- Building Your Babysitting Reputation
- Fun Things to Pack in Your Babysitting Bag
- What to Put in Your Babysitting Bag of Tricks
- Coping With Your Child’s Separation Anxiety
- How to Make a Good First Impression on a New Babysitting Job
- Five Things the Mom You Are Babysitting for May Not Tell You
- 100 Things All Babysitters Should Know
- 100 Ways to Show Your Daughter She’s Loved
Babysitting Job Archives
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
10 iPhone Apps that Remind You to Pray
January 21, 2013 | in Babysitting Jobs
The frenetic pace of today’s hectic world can make it difficult to keep up with even the most important things. Finding time to pray and remembering to do so isn’t always easy, especially when you have so many other things on your plate. Thankfully, the same mobile device that can help you streamline work meetings, arrange outings with friends and coordinate playdates for your kids can also help you to make sure that your spiritual needs aren’t neglected. These 10 iPhone apps are great tools for managing prayers and helping you remember to set aside time each day to dedicate to prayer.
- SharePrayer – Not only does the $0.99 SharePrayer app allow you to set alerts to remind you when the time for praying has arrived, it also features the ability to send, receive and share prayer requests with friends and family members. Your prayer partners don’t even have to use the app, because SharePrayer will send requests in the form of an email if they’re not users.
- Pocket Prayer Pro – Manage your prayer requests and needs quickly and easily with the $1.99 Pocket Prayer Pro, which helps you to sort requests by All Requests, Not Prayed, Not Answered, Answered, Today, Overdue and Scheduled. Pocket Prayer Pro also offers more than 100 sample prayers for those times when finding the right words is difficult.
- Easy Reminders – A free general reminder app, you can use Easy Reminders to set up simple alerts for prayer time and add short prayer request notes to remind you of the more pressing items on your list. Because Easy Reminders is a non-specific alert app, it can do double-duty as a method of keeping up with other small tasks throughout your day.
- Reflections for Daily Prayer – Based around the doctrine of the Church of England, this free app allows you to spend time in prayer and reflection based on the Anglican belief system. With the free download, you’ll be able to access daily reflections every day for a week with the option to subscribe for one month, three months or a full year.
- Pray! – Enter a prayer request with two taps, schedule prayer reminders and organize all of your prayer areas to ensure that nothing gets lost in the shuffle with this free app. Designed specifically to be minimal and distraction-free so that you can focus on your prayer time instead of operating the app and navigating complex features, Pray! also imitates the standard iPhone interface to maintain familiarity and bolster ease-of-use.
- Prayer Notebook – Every time you accept a prayer request, you can add it to your virtual Prayer Notebook to ensure that it doesn’t get forgotten before your next prayer session arrives. This $1.99 app also features organizational options and the ability to subscribe to prayer feeds for new prayers each day. You can password-protect your list to keep sensitive matters private, and mark your requests as “answered” as they come to fruition.
- Every Day Pray – A prayer journal with the option to set scheduled reminders for prayer time, the $0.99 Every Day Pray app includes more than 60 days of prayers for parents, all based in biblical truth and accompanied by the associated verse.
- PrayerMate – The $2.99 PrayerMate app will select a topic or person that you’ve entered as a prayer request within your main categories to remind you to pray for them and allows you to swipe between them as you pray. You can also set an optional daily alarm to ensure that your prayer time isn’t forgotten in the rush of the day.
- Prayer Prompter – Free of charge and distracting ads, Prayer Prompter stores and organizes your prayer requests in an intuitive, fully-customizable way designed to help you set up the system that works best for you. Pre-loaded with more than 150 Scriptures, Prayer Prompter is a powerful spiritual tool.
- Seek God for the City 2013 – Set up as a prayer reminder for the 40 days leading up to Palm Sunday, this $0.99 app was created to unite Christians across denominations for concentrated prayer. With daily scriptures and prompts alongside daily reminder alerts, Seek God for the City 2013 will help you manage your 40 days of prayer to ensure that nothing falls to the wayside.
In addition to these apps designed specifically to aid in organizing prayers and reminding you to spend time praying, there’s also a staggering array of religiously-themed apps in the App Store to help you maintain a strong sense of spirituality. Regardless of your faith or denomination, there is something in the App Store to speak to your spirituality and help bolster your faith.← How to Get Your Tween to Open Up to You | 30 Blogs on Tried but True Toddler Care →
Comments are closed.